A creative way to help advance the mission of Shine.FM is to donate a security to Shine.FM. This can provide you with significant tax benefits.
Giving appreciated securities such as property, stocks, etc. is a popular alternative to cash gifts because it allows you to save on taxes in two different ways at the same time. The first tax benefit comes when you receive an income tax deduction for the total market worth of your securities. The second benefit comes from the savings on the appreciated capital gains tax.
Capital gains taxes are assessed in various ways, including the length of time held. Because of this, it is very important that you carefully select the right asset when you are considering charitable gifts of securities and other assets.
Other types of asests
- Mutual funds
- Gifts of real estate
- Other gifts of personal property that may include art collections, rare books, stamps, antiques, manuscripts, baseball cards, etc.
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Life Insurance Beneficiary
- Crypto Donations
- Charitable tax deduction for total market value of the donated securities
- Pay no capital gains tax on the appreciation of the donated securities
If you’re interested in giving to Shine.FM by donating appreciated securities or any of the above mentioned ways, please call us at 815-939-5324 or email Steph Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org