- All contests on Shine.fm are open to all Shine.fm listeners who are residents of the United States. The prizes awarded are open to all Shine.fm listeners who are 12 years or older, unless otherwise noted. Employees, agents and immediate family members of Olivet Nazarene University (parent company of Shine.fm), its advertising agencies, sponsors, affiliates and representatives are not eligible to participate. Immediate family members include spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren whether by current marriage, past marriage, adoption or as in-laws. All contests are void where prohibited bylaw. No purchase is necessary.
- All contest entries become the property of Shine.fm.
- All contest winners on Facebook or Shine Text Club are contacted via the method of the contest and all prizes must be claimed within 30 days of winning the contest or the prize is returned to the Shine.FM prize closet.
- Each listener agrees that in the event he or she wins the contest, Shine.fm shall have the right, without further compensation, to publicize and/or broadcast his or her name, voice, likeness, city of residence and the fact that he or she won the contest. Entrants further agree that Shine.fm may use such identifying information to publicize its radio station, website and/or other contests. The winners also agree that they may be contacted by telephone and the call recorded for potential use on air.
- Entrants are responsible for the payment of any and all taxes applicable to prizes and the award of prizes. Shine.fm is required to report winnings exceeding $600 per year (in the aggregate) to the Internal Revenue Service and will provide winners falling within this requirement with an IRS Form 1099 after the close of the calendar year in which the prize(s)were won. Winners agree to provide Shine.fm with their social security number and such other information as may be required by Shine.fm to comply with applicable laws.
- Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Shine.fm and its affiliates, including Olivet Nazarene University and its officers, agents and employees, from any and all damages, liabilities or claims for injury or damage of any kind that might arise in connection with a contest, a prize, or the award of a prize. Shine.fm reserves the right to condition the final award of any prize on the execution of a legally enforceable release of claims and indemnity agreement.
- Shine.fm reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally announced if the original contest prize is or becomes unavailable. Shine.fm is not liable if a concert or event with which a prize is associated is canceled due to circumstances beyond Shine.fm’s control. Unless impossible or impractical, prizes will be mailed to the winner within 60 days after the winner is selected and announced on air.
- Shine.fm reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner (whether or not the winner’s identity has been announced) who does not adhere to the rules applicable to the contest in which he or she entered or who gains an unfair advantage through fraud or unsportsmanlike conduct in participating in the contest.
On occasion, circumstances may require the rules of a contest to be modified. Changes to contest rules will be announced on-air and posted on Shine.fm’s website. Shine.fm reserves the right to interpret and apply all rules applicable to its contests and its interpretation and application shall be final. For a copy of contest rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Shine.fm, Olivet Nazarene University Attn: Contest Rules, One University Avenue, Bourbonnais, IL 60914 and include the name of the contest you are inquiring about. For a list of contest winners send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Shine.fm, Olivet Nazarene University Attn: Contest Winners, One University Avenue, Bourbonnais, IL 60914 and include the name of the contest.